What’s better than thinking of Spring 2017? Thinking about remodeling ideas for spring of course.
So what’s hot this year? We’ve got some home updating ideas.. Let’s get Started!
Kitchen Remodeling Ideas 2017
- Painted Kitchen Cabinets & Two Tone Kitchen Cabinets – In the last few years the painted cabinet market has become much more dominant than the wood tone products who lead the past decade. While the companies marketing them may be switching gears for more reasons than style; (it’s cheaper to provide a paint grade product – and you can make high margins on custom paint options). Many customer’s have found the styling more attractive in modern homes. While white is still a big go to, soft grey and off whites rule most of the market; with more robust colors coming more and more in fashion. Changing up the kitchen cabinets is always a top remodeling idea on home owners minds.
- Cabinet Accessories – It seems every few weeks new cabinet insert products come out. These days new kitchen cabinets loaded with accessories can even double the cost of a remodel. The quality and design of these kitchen add-ons are wide spread. We’ve seen way better products available separately online than what many cabinet makers use, so it makes sense to do some research.
- Colored Stainless Steel Appliances – Want the newest custom look in kitchens, how about a dark bronze colored stainless steel stove.
- Huge Tile! Extra Large Format Tile is making a huge entrance into the remodeling industry. Complex geometric patterns amoung other interesting updates can be had in single piece construction.
- Function over Form – While everyone wants to impress with beautiful style and design. Many homeowners are finding they can really up their main entryway’s usefulness while keeping their home attractive. High end mudrooms have been a large part of the upgrades we have seen in the past few years. Now home owners want to add the same functionality to the front of the home returning family traffic to there main home entries.
- Fireplaces and Fire Features – The wide screen TV has been sitting as the center piece in most American homes for just to long. Getting back to the roots of fire as a gathering place has seen a dramatic increase in both interior and exterior applications. Large format tile has also made the finishings on these attractions very easy to customize into a one of a kind piece of decor.
- Big Country – Farm inspired design has made the country kitchen get really wild in the past few years. The restoration industry and wood reclamation trades have made it easy to get high quality interesting antique wood at affordable prices. Incorporating oversized country style architecture into large modern homes really makes a home’s kitchen inviting. Open beam ceilings and rustic wood long tables are more and more common and the more dramatic elements are now available to most home owners.
Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling Ideas For 2017
- The Power of Copper – Metal finishes are still as trendy as ever, but copper will be the metal of choice for 2017 remodeling according to Pinterest. For bathroom fixtures and cabinet handles – or even the kitchen sink or counter tops – copper excels in that it is naturally antibacterial and antimicrobial. In fact, copper has been used for thousands of years around the world to sanitize water and surfaces where modern sanitation technologies are unavailable. In addition to its natural germ-killing power, copper also offers a semi-glossy but not intrusive ambiance in bathrooms and kitchens with neutral colors and textures.
- Radiant Heated Flooring – Though spring is just around the corner, many of us likely still have to contend with cold tile floors when using the bathroom during the evening or early morning. Radiant heated floors not only keep your toes warm and toasty when it’s still cold outside, but they can heat entire rooms using less energy than traditional heating methods.
- Paint It Navy Blue – The subtle, enticing look of navy blue is making a big comeback, and has found its place on kitchen cabinets, back-splashes and ceiling textures in the new year. Gone are the days of all-white kitchen and bathroom cabinetry. Perhaps most effective is opting for a dull, neutral color scheme on the bathroom or kitchen walls, and then painting cabinets navy blue to really make the color pop.
- Get Quiet – The sounds of slamming drawers and creaking hinges are so last year! With soft-close hinges and glides, you can achieve a new level of peace and serenity, even in small kitchen and bathroom spaces.
- Built-In Storage – Though the classic department store shelving unit serves its function just fine, building storage into the actual wall space of a kitchen or bathroom is ideal for 2017. Rather than a free-standing wine rack next to the stainless steel fridge, why not build the wine rack right into the wall? And for bathrooms where space is tight, taking out some of the old, clunky cabinetry and building shelves into the existing wall will open up a ton of space and reduce the cluttered feeling.
- Make a Few Cozy Nooks – Now more than ever we are always looking for quick, easy seating to accommodate family members while others are getting ready. A cozy nook or two abutting kitchen or bathroom spaces are perfect places to get off your feet for a second, check your phone or just take a moment of stillness in a hectic day. Building a nook in an unused corner of a room or beneath a large window can give your house much-needed seat space as an easier alternative to moving to the actual living room.
So no matter what new remodeling ideas you’re interested in. Make sure you give Tom Thornton at Tri-County a call.
Call Now! (610) 329-2880