Is your living room overflowing with game controllers, consoles, bean bag chairs, table games, and sounds of digital gunfire? Want to relegate all these game-related activities to a special room in your house? If you’re in the Tri-County Area, it might be time to call Tom Thornton and Tri-County General Contracting for a free quote on a game rooms Delaware & Chester County PA remodel or addition to your home.
Tom Thornton and his team of general contractors at Tri-County have been bringing Northeast homeowners and their families from the Main Line to Delaware County the game rooms of their dreams for years now – kids are more than happy, and parents (and grandparents) have their living rooms back.
And we offer services in addition to Game Rooms Delaware & Chester County PA remodels. We are your friendly, experienced, family-owned neighborhood contracting service for other home contracting services, too, including bathroom and kitchen remodels, basement finishes, new home construction, decking and patios, and more.
What To Consider When Planning A Game Room Addition
- Think About How To Use Available Square Footage Wisely: What are the most important games/activities that the room’s inhabitants will be playing? How much space is needed to do each of them comfortably and safely? Remember that common table games require between 3-5 feet of space around them on all sides. Expanding or adding onto an existing room is an option, but will increase the cost of the project.
- How Many TVs Are Enough? If some friends want to play Xbox and another group wants to watch the game, what do you do? Having multiple screens for multiple concurrent uses makes it easy for everyone to enjoy the space and have a good view.
- Pick A Theme: One way to really make a game room your own is to give it a unique theme. Always wanted an English pub in your home? What about an American sports bar? A Moroccan hookah lounge? The only limit to the many forms your game room could take is your imagination, and with a trusted, capable builder like Tom Thornton and Tri-County, even the most exotic interiors are possible.
- Lighting And Paint Color Are Key: Nothing helps people relax, unwind, get comfortable and have some fun more than the right lighting and the right interior paint. Try bright, lively colors in your game room to rile up players, or if a more relaxing feel is what you’re after, spring for neutral colors and soft lighting. Our technicians here at Tri-County can offer ideas about lighting fixtures that will compliment your renovation ideas, just give us a call.
- Get Some Stellar Furniture: Sure, the room is new, but it doesn’t have to feel like it. Invest in some handsome, well-made antique furniture, or have Tri-County contractors build furniture directly into your entertainment space for a more permanent feel.