If you’ve decided to hire a finished basement contractor, Tri-County General Contracting would love to earn your business.
We are a local family owned remodeling service and we finish basements throughout Delaware, Chester, or Montgomery County, PA. Tri-County is your number one choice for transforming poor, lonely, underused, basements. We also offer first class waterproofing services so you will be confident in your new home investment.
Call Today to schedule a Free Basement Finishing Estimate.
We make sure your basement ideas get done right.
Hiring Tri-County General Contracting for your project includes many perks (We’ve been remodeling for over 40 years):
- Be confident our basement waterproofing options will keep your investment fresh and dry.
- Be assured we follow appropriate fire-stopping and buildind codes.
- Evaluate and supply affordable finishing solutions that fit your budget.
- Create wine cellars, extra bedrooms and bathrooms, entertainment rooms, home theaters, whatever your basement idea is Tri-County can make it happen.
Why finished basements are ideal budget conscious home investments that add long term value.
If you have an unfinished basement and you’ve lived in your home for more than five years, it has probably become a warehouse of the out-grown, the unused, and the no longer needed. Did you know that most basements contain over one third of the available square footage of the entire house! It’s an easy way to add a extra kids bedroom or two.
Maybe your teenagers need extra space for their activities, or you need to make an in-law suite for Mom and Dad. Whatever your needs, finishing the basement is a valuable, beautiful, and economical space solution.
What types of spaces do most people want from a finished basement?
- You want extra bedrooms, but don’t want to add an addition to the home because of lot requirements or a low budget. Remodeling/finishing can include basement bedrooms if appropriate access is available or included in the renovation. If you have a walk out basement you already have the ability to add livable space. If your basement does not have ground level access, than there are many option depending on the layout of the home. Most people use an exit window/well combination that both adds an exit/access point and daylight to your new bedroom.
- You want an extra bathroom, but can’t fit it into your existing floor plan. With the advances in pump-out toilets and sump pits it’s never been as affordable to get a basement level bathroom. Many people when searching for a new home want a bathroom for every bedroom; even though many traditional floor plans just don’t have the space. No matter what the main reason behind it, an entertainment center, additional livable space, or a storage solution; the addition a bathroom will always increase the value of your home.
- Wine Cellars, Bars, and Luxury Relaxation Spaces are are fast growing segments in residential basement remodeling. A beautiful wine cellar with rich wood trim or a long solid wood bar, adds class and sophistication to any finished basement entertainment room. Want to impress your friends and family, enhance the mood with a custom basement lighting package. The basement is the best place to store your wine, why not make it the best place to drink it too.
- Many people incorporate a small secondary kitchen into their basement bar. Cherry cabinets and granite countertops can make the basement a fully functional second home within a home.
- Work-out rooms are always a great addition to the home. Many homes are cluttered and rooms look uninviting when oversized treadmills, climbers, and weight sets take up space so much space. You are more inclined to work out if you have a space dedicated to it – making a work out space in your basement can gain you space all over your home!
- Man-caves are a big part of why many people get involved in finishing the basement. Average finishing costs can get expensive when men’s dream rooms get involved, but we can try and make your in home sports museum or poker room fit into your budget. Eagles, Flyers, & Phillies themed rooms are a great way to make your man-cave ready for the big game. Built in wide screen entertainment stations and projection screens have become affordable to average consumers; why not incorporate one into your man-cave.
Basement Waterproofing is probably the biggest area of concern in any basement conversion.
When there’s a presence of moisture or dampness in the basement, these conditions have to be handled first. In most cases, draining moisture from around the perimeter and funneling it to a sump pit is the simplest answer. In addition, building with waterproof materials instead of conventional drywall and wood framing, lessons the risk from water damage. We have found that there are several good supply companies, including Owens Corning, that manufacture basement finishing systems. These systems are made of fiberglass and vinyl; they are beautiful as well as resistant to molds and mildew. Choosing fiberglass guarantees a durable, impact resistant and built-in acoustic and thermal insulation barrier. A quick, clean installation lets you create a new living space in as little as two weeks.
So, if you’re looking for a solution to maximize space without the added costs of an addition.
Choose Tri-County General Contracting as your basement remodeler.